One of the favourite sides at a Thanksgiving dinner, but no less important than the Turkey is the Stuffing. I already prepared fruity stuffings with pomgranate, or meatless stuffing, e.g. made of bread and chestnuts. It seems that almost everything that you will put into the Turkey turns out super-tasty.
However, for two years we have been bbq-ing the Turkey, therefore I cannot do the “real” Stuffing anymore and have to prepare it seperately in the oven. But I use an oven bag – even though I am not sure if this actually facilitates anything.
- 700g minced meat (pork and beef mixed)
- 600g chestnuts (already pre-cooked)
- 2 apples (the sweet ones) peeled and diced
- 1 onion diced (I should have added 2)
- 1/2 of a french loaf diced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- optional: cream (I used 100g)
Basically I don’t have any guide you can follow on preparing the Stuffing. Just mix everything well in a bowl and put it in the oven – I used 180°C. What I will try next year: placing chicken wings on top of the mixture so that it soaks the yummy poultry juice that is missing now.